Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Anais Nin

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.

I think that's pretty true. And somewhat depressing. I totally believe in real love. I see couples all the time, young and old, who seem to be the picture of happy. They seem to really enjoy each other. But I wonder how many of those couples leave a party, the envy of everyone....and as soon as the car doors close a seething brood envelops them. They sit in the thick silence the entire way home. I've looked up to people in the past only to find that my idea of them, and their perfect presentation of them,  was nothing close to the reality. It really fractured my belief in marriage and truth. I felt like if it can happen to them, well then what hope is there for the rest of us? But I still totally believe in real love.

No comments:

Post a Comment